WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP?
At Científico Latino, we are always looking for ways to expand our reach. We want to help everyone who needs resources, advice, or assistance with STEM opportunities and fellowships from the high school level all the way to the STEM professional.
Are you working on STEM mentoring and outreach projects and need to reach a wider audience? Do you need panelists for a professional development event? We are always looking for more resources to advertise on our site, and we have a large network of scientists from diverse backgrounds and fields that are ready to help.
Let's find ways to work together!
2. Become a blog contributor
You have spent countless hours getting to where you are in your STEM career due to mentors, hard work, and professional developmental opportunities. Why not take all of that experience and use it to help others?
We happily will post blog pieces on mentorship, applying to medical school or graduate school, how to write an effective fellowship or personal statement... The opportunities are endless.
3. Add to our fellowship database / send us your statements
We have done our best to look for fellowships at the undergraduate, graduate and post-doctoral level in STEM. We may have missed some! Feel free to let us know.
Did you have a successful fellowship essay or graduate school personal statement? Send it to us, and we will anonymously share it on our site so that others struggling with the writing portion of their applications can learn through your example.
4. Join our team
We are looking to grow, and love working with new people! Being part of the Científico Latino is not time-consuming, and certainly rewarding. Click here to learn more.
5. Spread the word!
- Help others learn about Científico Latino through avenues such as STEM mentoring and outreach organizations and STEM professional development events.
Spread the word at your local high school, college, and university by contacting your college representative or student government.
- Científico Latino is a completely volunteer-based organization (none of our team members are on salary). We are currently fundraising to be able to provide an honorarium to our webinar speakers and to cover the costs of basic operations (e.g., cost of running our website). Your contribution will be greatly appreciated and will help Científico Latino grow and help more STEM students and professionals!
- You can follow this link to donate. Thank you!